COTN 2018 Update: Equipment Regulations & Volunteers
Posted on December 27, 2017
- The following are the official equipment regulations.
- Teams must have matching PFDs (can be supplied – please enquire).
- Teams must have matching rash top colours (t-shirts allowed).
- Teams must have matching helmet colours (mactac allowed).
- Numbers on PFDs and helmets are mandatory, and they must match.
We need them. Please let us know if you can volunteer.
We have an official hotel for the event and it is the same place as our banquet:
Radisson Hotel Edmonton South
4440 Gateway Blvd
Edmonton, AB T6H 5C2
This is a 10 minute drive to the Kinsmen Sports Centre, where the Cup of the North is being held.
- Signature Room 2 Queen beds or 1 King bed with queen pull-out couch: $122.00
- Deluxe Room 1 King bed with queen pull-out couch: $132.00
Note: Maximum Occupancy: 4 guests/room
- Maximum Occupancy: 4 guests/room
- Breakfast – breakfast consists of access to our daily hot breakfast buffet located in the Atrium Restaurant (not eligible for Sunday Brunch)
- Complimentary High Speed Internet
- Complimentary Surface and Underground Parking (Bus parking available upon request)
- Complimentary Local and Access Calls
- Complimentary Access to our 23,000 sq. ft. Fitness Facility with pool, sauna and whirlpool (Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times)
- On site Pub and Atrium Restaurant
- Free Shuttle to West Edmonton Mall
If your desire is to stay more central (also close to Kinsmen Sports Centre), there are affordable options in Downtown Edmonton as well. The Travel Alberta website is a great resource.
Private Boat Rentals
We are so excited to have so many out-of-country teams this year. I am sure everyone can imagine the stress this puts on our private boat rental stock. If you have requested a private boat rental, we are requesting you ask your team leader if they are able to come up with a solution for you.
Team Leaders: If your team is bringing boats with you but there are any members of your currently renting a boat from us, please do your best to accommodate that team member with a boat. If you are able to do so, we will of course refund their boat rental fee as soon as you notify us. We will be reaching out to you directly to converse with you further if we notice this scenario applies to someone on your team. In addition, we will be reaching out to individuals and their team leaders of Canadian teams that have individuals requesting private boat rentals to come up with solutions outside of renting from EWP.
Renting a private boat does NOT include:
- spray skirt
All of these items travel OK, so they will not be available for rent. Team PFDs are provided for free if required. Contact us if you need them.
Although we filled up very quickly with team registrations, individuals registering for those teams has been slow. We trust that these teams will be full when it comes time to compete (they always are), but since we have had such great interest in our tournament this year, along with the new registration system allowing us to make decisions on these matters, we will be using this data to determine if a team is still eligible to play at Cup of the North.
We have a waiting list and will soon replace empty (or near-empty teams) with our waiting list teams.
If you would like to know who has currently registered for your team, please contact us.