EWP Member Annual Polo Boat Rental Policy (February 2018)
EWP will provide boats and equipment to members to promote and develop the sport of canoe/kayak polo to learn and develop basic skills and fitness under the following guidelines:
Youth Members (under 21 years of age)
- Youth interested in trying out for or competing in the Alberta Summer Games will be provided polo kayaks and accessory gear for supervised training and competition with no rental charge (there may be a program charge as relates to facility rental and coaching). Boats are kept in Club storage.
- Youth who have qualified for the U21 National Teams (Men or Women) or hope to qualify and require an exclusive boat for regular training in Edmonton will be able to enter into a yearly lease program of $20 per month ($240 per year) up until they have attended one World Championship. This lease does not include paddles, skirts, PFDs or helmets as the paddler should be purchasing their own). Boat may be kept in personal possession of the leaser throughout period of lease.
- Competitors maintaining their position on a U21 National Team aiming for attendance at a second World Championship or beyond should be purchasing their own boats. It is not part of the mandate of EWP to provide competitive polo boats for a whole U21 player’s career.
- In specific cases of member financial stress the Executive may consider extending the Yearly Boat Lease Program after attendance at a first Worlds Championships as follows:
- Second and third rental years: $30 per month ($360 per year) until individual attends second World Championship. Boat may be kept in personal possession of the leaser throughout period of lease.
- Fourth and fifth rental years: $40 per month ($480 per year) until individual attends third World Championship. Boat may be kept in personal possession of the leaser throughout period of lease.
The program allows exclusive use of the boat to an EWP member in good standing but does not allow the member to give permission for any other person to utilize it.
Adult Members (21 years of age and older)
- Boat and equipment is provided to learn and develop basic skills in supervised lesson or trip.
- Any paddler utilizing a boat for regular training for a National Team position should be using their own boat. It is not within the mandate of EWP to provide or rent/lease regular training boats for adults.
- Rental of a boat for specific events such as National Championships will be charged a rental fee set and reviewed periodically by the Executive.
- For an adult student, in special situations an adult member may lease a boat ($480 per year), subjective to executive review.
Renters and leasers are responsible for any damage or loss of the boat incurred during their rental contract. Any repairs undertaken must restore the boat functionally and cosmetically.
The program allows exclusive use of the boat to the Member in good standing but does not allow the member to give permission for any other person to use it.